[pct-l] Footwear...again

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 08:29:32 CST 2015

Hey Leslie,

I've done all three trails in Montrail Sabinos and still love them.  I also
wear different Altras for training in the winter and just to live in at
home as they're so comfortable.  These are Altra Lone peaks and Instincts,
but I come back to the Montrails for the thru hikes because after they did
me so well on the PCT, I bought a bunch of them at $40 a pop in 2010 when
they were bringing out the new model and I still have a few left after the
CDT and AT.  I'm just too cheap to buy the Altras at $100+ per pair while
I've still got Sabinos left that work so well.  Shoe fit is such a personal
thing that what works for one doesn't work for others.  In 2010 and 2011
there were a lot of Sabinos on the PCT, not more Altras.  Buy a pair of
what feels right to you from REI or some ,other place that will take them
back if they're not right and train in them.  See if you get blisters and
don't hesitate to take them back if your feet hurt and try something else.

And Walt, great idea for a lacing strategy.  Thanks,

Shroomer