[pct-l] GPS for distance

walt Durling durlfam4 at icloud.com
Sun Feb 1 11:17:03 CST 2015

I initially used a bushnell solar charger, but it required full sun and the correct angle, taking several hours to charge and then only charged my iphone4s about 90%.

I returned it and bought a Lepow 6000 stone power bank.  They come in several different colors.  I chose bright yellow so it would be easy to keep track of in the back country.  My model weighs about 7 ozs, sans the usb cables.  When fully charged it fully charged  my iphone twice and my ipod about 50% before it needed to be charged again.  With my iphone in ariport mode on the Pct, it lasted several days with me running the trail apps.  I used the cables that came with the iphone and ipod.  You'll also need the usb wall plug for recharging the power bank.  All in all, the total weight came to around 12 ozs and works well.

Sent from my iPad