[pct-l] Aqua Mira...again

Robert Henry rrh.henry at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 22:24:10 CST 2015

I took an empty gallon jug, strapped to the outside of my pack.  Its sole
purpose was to be used as a make-up container when the aqua mira was doing
its wonders, as well as a storage container for camp.

Be very careful with the 2-part liquid agua mira.  Double bag it.  If the
bottles leak, the Part-B is (weak) phosphoric acid.  If it spills, it will
eat through the nylon in your pack if given only half a chance.  I learned
this the hard way.

I never had any GI issues on the trail in 2012.  I was also pretty careful
about personal sanitization, used soap and water to wash hands before
dinner, even in dry camps, and always used alcohol based hand sanitizer
after doing you know what.