[pct-l] No resupply in Lone Pine

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 08:18:49 CST 2015

Most of us hiked out over Kearsarge in 2010 as the going was so slow in the
extensive snow we couldn't carry enough food for the whole stretch to Muir
Trail Ranch or VVR.  It's not at all a bad way to go because the hike up to
Kearsarge and out is simply gorgeous.  No extra mile in the High Sierra is
ever wasted. If you can stretch your time up there a bit by resupplying out
over Kearsarge, it's totally worth it.  And Handlebars right, the hitch
down wasn't bad even after we'd been dealing with an SAR event on the pass
all day.  As a matter of fact, I'm still in regular contact with the guy
who gave us the lift.  He ended up being a major trail angel for me later
on in the summer and the friendship has remained.  And Lone Pine is a great
town to hang out in for a day.

Shroomer

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 7:30 PM, Rick Ostheimer <rick.ostheimer at sbcglobal.net