[pct-l] Go-Lite Sunbrella

JCIL000-hiker@yahoo.com topsecretemail2011 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 14:27:31 CST 2015

To all:
Although I'm no thru-hike expert and merely a lowly sectionhiker at the moment, I have used my Go-Lite sunbrella inSouthern California heat.
And, as my hiking buddy and I passed multiple PCT hikers huddled in variousamounts of shade (some the size of a dinner plate), he & I buzzed along with ourportable shade and made good headway.
I personally found it to be an important piece of equipment for sun heat or rain.
One of those heat exhausted hikers agreed with us as he stood under our sunbrellaand promised himself that HE was going to buy one. Another melting hiker passed usin some level of misery and moaned he "owned one but forgot it."
Just my personal thought on the topic. Weight vs value. Its a judgement call.
Day Early