[pct-l] 2015 Thru Hike Online Permit Process Opened FEB. 4th- # 1, 289 Slots Filled To Date

Dan C. aka Thumper dofdear at cox.net
Sun Feb 8 01:42:19 CST 2015

I think what's missing is some transparency as to the range of starting point that will count against the daily allocation. On the form if you select no to thru hike and no to starting at the Mexican border, it is not clear what starting point would count against that day, Campo, Lake M, Boulder Oaks, etc. I'm not advocating a gaming of the system and probably some judgement is used by the issuers as to when the allocation is decremented. What I am advocating is list or range that allocation applies, whther by trail head or mileage from the border.

And as Brick previously pointed out a permit is not required until San Bernardino NF/San Jacinto State Park.

Thumper