[pct-l] Trail Gear - Pole Tips

DayLate07 . dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 21:07:33 CST 2015

I've used a picnic table too.  Slid the pole end between two board on the
table and find a spot where the pole just fits but the end will not go
through.   Then just pull up sharply and it will sometimes just rip the
ends off.  The nice part of this is no tools required.

If they are glued on and won't budge I've found I could cut them off with a
wood chisel.  Just work your way from the top of the tip downward and the
plastic splits pretty easily.  Of course I rarely carry a wood chisel
with me on a thru hike.

Day-Late