[pct-l] Fwd: Trail Gear

Kelly kellyhikes2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 15:15:17 CST 2015

Mademoiselle

I am heading out on the trail this year and talked to quite a few hikers and friends about this same dilemma. I found pea protein and rice protein powders that I plan to use daily. It's all personal choice, some people prefer whey and soy protein, but whatever works good for your body is what I would recommend. It's fairly lightweight, comes in many flavors and you can mix it with water. Some people even add a little spiraIina (super green food) to add an extra boost of goodness! I haven't decided if I'll drink it in the morning with my biscotti to make for a fast exit from camp or have it before I go to bed at night. The protein is a great way to repair muscle damage that we incur day after day on the trail, plus a full belly helps with better sleep at night. Anyhow, that's my two cents. Hope to run into out there.

Kelly Baraga

We see people as they are. But Jesus sees us for who we are to become!