[pct-l] Sierra Nevada Entry Day

Charlotte Howard charlottehoward3 at icloud.com
Fri Feb 20 02:39:25 CST 2015

My first post to the PCT-L - here goes!

Basically I'm wondering when people are planning on entering the Sierras if they start around March 1st? Surely you'd get there much before the "KM day" around mid-June?

 I'd prefer to go earlier (around March 1st) since I anticipate I'll be doing a max of 15-20 miles per day and don't want to be caught up in horrendous weather in Washington.

I guess my questions are - how early can you go into the Sierras, are those early hikers planning on looping round and doing it near the end, or are you planning to go in super early?

Thanks for any advice,
Rose