[pct-l] Lost Hiker

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Wed Feb 25 21:42:18 CST 2015

> A very sad commentary on our times. No wonder Trail Angels are seeing increased "attitude" issues from hikers. I blame parents who can't/won't/don't teach their children about personal ethics and responsibilities.

The following quote has been attributed to Plato

'The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in lace of
exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.'

> I remember in the late 60s

Things were always better back in the day. The older I get, the better I was.
Get off my lawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k