[pct-l] Does foot size increase on long hike...and how much?

JCIL000-hiker@yahoo.com jcil000-hiker at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 17:18:35 CST 2015

I have heard of hikers complaining that their foot size increased over timewith hiking.
All other matters aside, the human body tendons, ligaments, and muscle tissue do loosen with age. Hiking probably hastens that aspect of life.
Maybe not for everyone ... but I don't think its in the imaginationof hikers who have written how their shoe size increased by a full size or evenincreased a size & a half. They're not talking of the extra length of a boot purchasedwith the intention of allowing extra room for thick hiking socks.
I personally witnessed a young man in emotional distress because he hadexperienced a fallen arch in his foot. The night before he said his his arches were fine. The next morning he was essentially flat footed.
Our bodies change with time and use.
Day Early