[pct-l] Detour Directions/Maps for California Section D (Poodle Dog Bush & Endangered Species) and E (Powerhouse Fire)

Matt Parker zerosignal74 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 19:47:53 CST 2015

Hello all,

I recently added information and modified maps for the Detour Section (aka
California Section D as it has many detours due to poodle dog bush and
endangered species) and also for the Powerhouse Fire Detour in California
Section E to the PCT-CASD and PCT-CASE presentations. You can now download
them directly from my website at http://www.doubletaphikes.com/classes.html
without having to email me. Just click on the blue button with PCT-CASD
and/or PCT-CASE inside them and it will automatically download the PDF file.
I tried to make the detours as easy as possible on one map per each detour.
I added a new "detour" for the Powerhouse Fire PCT closure which is actually
the old PCT that cuts directly across Antelope Valley (aka the Mojave
Desert). Credit goes to Steady for this route as she showed me and DC this
route last year during our thru hike. Any feedback or questions, let me
know.

Thanks to Halfmile for letting me use some of his maps for this.

Take Care,

DoubleTap

www.doubletaphikes.com

matt at doubletaphikes.com (all classes are free)