[pct-l] Rattlesnakes and music

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 07:52:33 CST 2015

By my count, one each for rattler detected (but not bitten). On the AT, the only rattlesnake I saw was in CT, and I heard it before I saw it. It was camouflaged in the leaves. A guy behind (Messenger) had his earbuds in, and when I tried to abruptly reverse course, nearly fell, and started crabwalking backwards, he thought I had gone crazy. He couldn't hear the rattling till he took off his headphones. We looked till we found it. Like on the PCT, the snake never was aggressive toward us, but it never seemed to be intimidated, either.
Mango