[pct-l] Rattlesnakes and music

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Jan 7 23:26:25 CST 2015

  Scott,

The trouble is, you don't always see them.
I stepped on one  at Shinumo Creek in the Grand Canyon.
Luckily the front of his body was in a bush, so he could not whoop around.
Another time I threw my dish water on one in a bush, just 2-3 feet away
from me, also in the Grand Canyon.
Like I said, you don't always see them...they are well camouflaged and
blend
in with the environment.
Besides, hikers don't always have their eyes focused on the trail...they
look around at the scenery.
Especially if they have Hiker Babes, with shapely legs,  in front of them.

JMT Reinhold
Your trail companion who appreciates shapely legs.

  [pct-l] Rattlesnakes and music

**

On 1/7/2015 7:21 PM, Brian Gill wrote:
>/  Just a heads up for you newbies.. Might want to rethink the music
/>/  earbuds while hiking . I like to hear the rattle snake before it
/>/  strikes me!
Scott Bryce Wrote:
The first time that happens, you will learn to scan the trail ahead of
you every so often. I'd rather see them than hear them.

---