[pct-l] Why I'm I carrying an alcohol stove?

Michael Irving michaeljirving at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 16:54:23 CST 2015

That’s very similar to me, although I put a small piece of masking tape on the side and use my “stowaway” pen (super light ballpoint) (like the space pen, but lighter) and put tick marks on the tape, one per boil.  I get about 20 boils out of a 100g (small) canister for my JetBoil filling it up with water to the top 500 ml line.  My “average” is on the PCT in regards to elevation…not in the High Sierra…which I’d guess would be not as many as 20.

-GoalTech