[pct-l] Why I'm I carrying an alcohol stove?

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Fri Jan 9 17:07:21 CST 2015

 I use an Optimus remote canister stove with a windscreen and a Primus EtaPot. This pot has a heat exchanger on the bottom, so that does increase the weight. The upside is that you better have everything ready because when you fire this thing up the water is boiling right away. A huge savings in fuel.

My old stove dies last year and I replaced it with an Optimus Vega. I don't like the Vega as much a the old stove. It has a habit of turning itself down, so it has to be constantly adjusted.

Gary