[pct-l] Fwd: Merrell Moab ventilator

Dennis keis1 at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 14 19:13:31 CST 2015

From: Robert Snook

>>> Anybody use the Merrell Moab ventilator shoe on a thru ? How did it  hold up?

On our thru hike of California in 2012 I bought a pair in Mammoth Lake for a very reasonable price, $80 I think. They looked and felt like new at Saeid Valley so I sent my new shoes from my bounce box home. A couple of days later the ball of my right foot started to hurt, the support was gone. So when we finished near Ashland they still looked very good after 900 miles and for 2 years since they are my yard and shop pair. They will do you well for 700 to 800 miles, no more as support goes first. I also had expensive orthotics which likely helped.