[pct-l] FUEL

Leslie LaRocca larocca690 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 18:22:17 CST 2015

Hello to everyone! My name is Leslie and I am attempting to thru hike the
PCT this upcoming season (2015)
I am confused about fuel. I have always used an MSR Pocket Rocket, but am
just now finding out that it is illegal to ship fuel via the USPS. I am now
looking into one of the micro alcohol stoves, but am perplexed about HEET
and denatured alcohol. I don't have a problem switching to one of the
stoves, but I read that HEET puts out INCREDIBLY toxic gases...why would I
want to use this then? I know all fuels put out emissions, but HEET seems
like a horrible idea. I also understand that denatured alcohol burns much
cleaner, but is not as readily available. Can someone please give me any
info on how to resupply denatured alcohol along the trail? Or tell me of
their personal experiences with HEET or how to resupply with good old MSR
butane blend, if their is such a way??? Any advice/info would be so greatly
appreciated!!!!