[pct-l] Insomnia

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 07:00:37 CST 2015

A couple of calcium/magnesium pills helps. If that isn't enough-melatonin is useful.  But less is more with that choice. Do not think that it works like sleeping pills. One 500 mcg pill will usually make me drowsy. If I take 3 it will put me out immediately then I will wake up 3 hours later saucer eyed with little chance of going back to sleep. Massaging my feet and legs is useful too.  If I'm sore because it's the first few days of a hike I take some arnica-10 or 30 strength and rub Arnica cream into my legs
If you wake up in the middle of the night ,make yourself cough until you can't do it any more( out of breath). Sounds silly -I know-but it does something specific in your brain. The explanation of why is long and unimportant.  It allows you to drift off to sleep again.
Pleasant dreams
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone