[pct-l] Insomnia

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Jan 23 17:42:22 CST 2015

Want to get used to sleeping on hard ground???....Join the USMC.

Heck,....we got used to sleeping on concrete runways, without pads,
using our packs or helmets for pillows, waiting for planes and
helicopters.
Also many hikers are overly nervous about the bears & Mountain Lions.
Hikers should be more nervous about "Switchback" the trail pirate
instead.
He will rob & plunder you and leave you with nothing but your undies
or speedos.

Having said that, the only thing that seems to interfere with my
sleeping in the wild is "COLD".
I find it hard to sleep when I am cold and shivering.

JMT Reinhold
Your sound sleeping trail companion