[pct-l] Footwear

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Thu Jan 29 12:23:43 CST 2015

Really good advice!

One thing Jeff said that didn't get emphasized - pay attention to the
last of the shoes. We have found that New Balance's last SL-2 fits our
feet better because it is a straight last. Nike and many other shoe
companies use a curved last. (That means the shoe curves in on the big
toe side of the foot.) We get much less friction from the straight
lasts. Pick a last that fits your feet.

And I will also support the idea of a larger shoe size for long
distance hiking. Our feet swell by a full size during the first couple
of weeks on a long hike. Sometimes we need a larger  half size after
another month.

Ken
www.GottaWalk.com