[pct-l] Skipping

Gail Van Velzer vanvelzer at charter.net
Mon Jul 13 08:34:46 CDT 2015

We have lots of "holes" to fill, but we are doing it.  With a horse, the
logistics are a bit more difficult.  We had to skip areas that were unsafe,
areas that were too hot and without water, and a few simply because of time.
Living a few hours north of the border gives us the opportunities to go back
and fill in those holes.  The only thing we are missing before Kennedy
Meadows right now is the part between Cottonwood Spring and Tehachapi Willow
Springs Rd. and the area between Hwy. 58 and Walker Pass.  It was just too
hot, 105, to do the desert section a few weeks ago, but we'll get it done in
the Fall.  My original intent was to go straight through from Campo to
Canada, but my accident changed all that.  My husband can't get the extended
time off this year, so we are doing what we can, when we can.  We'll get
there!

Golly