[pct-l] Lost Creek Spring / Hat Creek Rim

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:04:17 CDT 2015

DoubleTap wrote:

Hello all, the Hat Creek Rim in California Section N is known for being
pretty hot and dry and this year will be no different. However, we have been
informed of a natural water source at Halfmile mileage point 1,383 called
Lost Creek Spring which is ~0.3 miles off trail. We are very interested in
getting updates for this water source so if you go down to it please send an
update to us at the water report by emailing water at pctwater.com or call/text
619-734-7289.

When I did that section a few years ago I seem to recall that there was no
apparent access to that water source.  You could bushwhack through some
nasty terrain to get down to it, but there's no access trail.  If I'm wrong
about that, hopefully someone will correct me.

Eric