[pct-l] Re: Sections N, O, P

Kevin singularity12 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 14 12:29:46 CDT 2015

I did Section O at the end of April, so I can help with that a bit.

Probably needless to say this year, there was no snow anywhere on this section when I did it in late April. The trail from Ash Camp to Castle Crags was almost completely clear of downfall timber at that time. I was glad to see that since there was still a TON of downfall between Burney Falls and Ash Camp. There was water in Fitzhugh Creek, although I made the side trip down to Ah-Di-Na campground to spend the night. Piped water down there along with, strangely enough, flush toilets! My next water stop was Squaw Valley Creek which was flowing well. I next snagged a little water from the North Fork of Fall Creek. That was my last water stop before Castle Crags.

samacitta