[pct-l] Temporarily off-trail, looking for advice on finishing

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 01:45:06 CDT 2015

Cat wrote:

I was thinking perhaps going back to Kearsarge, and hiking through the
Sierras north to Tahoe, then flying up to Washington and starting
southbound. I figure then I'll avoid most of the snow... but I'm not sure
about that. I'd love to get some experience opinions!

If other hikers are an important part of your experience, your best bet
might be to figure out where the bulk of hikers will be when you're ready to
get back on and just join them there and continue north to Canada.  Maybe
flip back down and head south from wherever you rejoined after you touch the
monument, but really, missing six weeks in the middle of season is going to
make it really tough to finish the entire trail this year no matter how you
do it.  My advice is to just resign yourself to the fact that you have
another long hike in a future year to finish it up (which, depending on your
perspective, is a good thing, not a bad thing!) and do whatever will give
you the most enjoyment for the rest of the season.

Eric