[pct-l] first pair of shoes

Brian Watt bwatt at 1fifoto.com
Mon Mar 2 19:33:13 CST 2015

Sid,
You asked "Would you carry an extra pair of shoes in the Sierra, such
as, a pair of adidas WP with pima loft for warmth?" Any shoe with
additional material for warmth will take longer to dry and therefore be
colder, IMHO. So, No, I would not carry them. But remember, HYOH, that
is, if those shoes would make you feel better then do it and be ready to
ship them home if they aren't working for you. On the trail nothing is
permanent, you have 20-30 resupply stops, and you have time to adjust.
BTW, I carried a pair of wool socks for warmth during sleeping. Although
I didn't, some people carry CROCs for stream crossing and camp shoes,
because they are all plastic and dry immediately. Others carry
flip-flops for camp shoes. But both are not for warmth.
Bri/Tartan