[pct-l] PCTA Statement on water caches

Sid Everton sid_everton at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 12:06:39 CST 2015

I am going to hick the 2015 PCT. I am going to plan not to rely on caches! That being said.  I look at things if there is  problem there is a solution! Seems to me this is such an easy solution. Ok, Where the trails meet the road on the PCT where these caches are, it is county, state or federal land. Any where I have ever lived it is against the law to litter on their land. From the pictures I have seen of these caches would be called litter! Ok, So the PCTA finds out who's land it is. Talk to the the proper law enforcement agency in that area and tell them PCTA concern. Now if they don't care then that is another story! So you get them aboard. So they say they don't have the resource? So the PCTA makes up a sign to put at the trail head leading to the cashes, how it is against the law to dump on this land and it is a fine of up to $5,000(wording?)! If they still do it the PCTA could put up some kind of wireless security camera to get the license plate of their vehicle and pictures of them.                                                                               I want to look at the other side. Who the heck are yall to tell people how they should give of their hearts!!!! People give for all different causes for all different reasons! You think you know their life better than they do!! One of the reasons that comes to my mind of the caches is maybe this person lost a loved one walking from south of the border, maybe in this area years earlier? I would think most people that give from the heart, they have a story that relates to that cause?