[pct-l] Fuller ridge and Baden Powell

David Money Harris David_Harris at hmc.edu
Fri Mar 6 13:19:28 CST 2015

I have not been up there personally this season, but plenty of snow is visible on Baldy’s south face right now from my house after the past two recent storms.  The north side of Baden-Powell normally holds a lot more snow than the south face of Baldy.  For example, when the UCLA hikers had to be rescued from the Baden-Powell ridge last month, almost no snow was left on Baldy.

My best guess would be that conditions on Baden-Powell are very interesting right now with a good amount of fresh snow.  The main question is how well the snow has consolidated in the warm weather we’ve been having yesterday and today.

Fuller Ridge can expect similar significant snow.

I’d carry both snowshoes and crampons if I were going up right now, and hope that the snow has consolidated well enough for the crampons to suffice.

David

-
Could anyone who has been up in these areas this week let me know how much snow there is
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone