[pct-l] Trail Shirt: Silk or Synthetic or ?

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Sun Mar 8 21:40:06 CDT 2015

I second what Shroomer says about ex-officio shirts. I've worn a long-sleeve one on the PCT and now on the CDT (sectioning), plus short 2 / 3 days on the AT in my backyard. Mine is 80 % nylon, 20 % polyester and has multiple features that make it a great hiking shirt. One particular feature that I insist on is a zippered breast pocket, for the hiker wallet (cash, driver's license, med insurance card, credit card, etc.) - stuff you REALLY don't want to drop in the creek.

Good luck,
Mango

PS - my tees are a variety. I still have the remnants of the two Terramar Body Sensors that I wore on the AT and the PCT, and they still feel great. I also wear an Icebreaker merino wool tee that is doing fine so far, but it only has about 800 miles on it, so we'll see.