[pct-l] April 8th Start

walt Durling durlfam4 at icloud.com
Mon Mar 9 17:38:25 CDT 2015

Wow!  I started last year on April 6 and was the only one at Campo when I began around 9:30 am.  I'm a slow hiker so perhaps 7-8 passed me that day.  Looks like the trail is gonna be quite busy early this year.

Don't worry Sid.  Looks like you 'll have company.  Besides, once you get to Lake Moreno late that day or early the next, I'm quite sure you'll have loads of hikers sprawled about in the two campsites set aside for PCT-ers.

No natural water till you get to Moreno 20 miles up trail.  Coming out of Hauser Canyon there's a long exposed climb.  There was a water cache last year at Hauser Creek which was dry.  Don't know whether the trail angel is stocking it this year. Don't count on any water cache.  Bring nuff water.  Have a great hike! walt

Sent from my iPad