[pct-l] do you like to run on the PCT?

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 14:25:22 CDT 2015

In 2012, heading NoBo into Snoqualmie Pass, an organized running event had tables and booths set up on several parts of the trail for about 10 miles or so.  I, and other hikers, were asked to defer to the runners for about 10 miles or so. I have to confess that I found it irritating. The first group I encountered set up on the trail said that they were feeding hikers up ahead, but this was really referring to a station providing food for hikers, but this was really not the case and any food was begrudging provided (although welcomed). The organizers asserted it was sanctioned and scheduled through the PCTA; although, I don’t know if this was true or not.