[pct-l] do you like to run on the PCT?

Emily Toby emilytoby at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 14 18:16:21 CDT 2015

I had the misfortune of hiking on
the PCT the day the Timberline marathon was running the PCT between Timberline lodge and Clackamas Lake in Oregon many years ago.

Not a single runner gave way, not the first runner, not the last, not going uphill or downhill, often in awkward places. And almost everyone expected me to get off the trail, and out of their way quickly, some very rudely.  It was interesting, at first.  It got so annoying, we just took a lengthy break and did 'the wave' sitting on a log next to the trail while the bulk of them ran by.

There were signs and race markers on the trail, and no sign of a sweeper at the end of the race, or on the following day removing them. Then there was the disapointment  I felt when I realized 'TM' wasn't trail magic (Timberline Marathon).

Nope, I'm not a fan of organized events on the trail. Very different from the solitary or small group of runners trail running.  IMHO.

ÜberBitch

Sent from my iPhone