[pct-l] running on the PCT

Laura Reed 1pint2007 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 19:06:43 CDT 2015

I love running on the PCT. I did so with my pack on multiple times during
2013 as I was simply so exhilarated by the surroundings and my level of
fitness, that I just couldn't help but break into a run.

I think it's a bit of a hoarding or selfish attitude for someone to say
that others shouldn't use 2,670 miles of a public resource for all 365 days
of the year because of the few days when that person wants to use it, they
want everything to be their way. If we find a way to all share the resource
safely, there will be more of us donating time and labor to maintaining
that shared resource and the resource will be healthier for that shared
love.

Whether it's me and a bunch of friends having a friendly competition to see
who can get to town first or whether it's a bunch of strangers showing up
to tow the line, I see this as a healthy activity that would benefit the
trail and I would support continued competitive events along the trail.

Cheers,
1Pint