[pct-l] Pack weight

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Sat Mar 21 09:06:34 CDT 2015

On 3/21/2015 2:49 AM, Eric Lee wrote:
> Let's do a thought experiment. You want to walk to Canada. What
> should you take with you?

One very obvious, but oft overlooked fact that I like to point out is
that whatever you bring with you, you will carry it a lot more than you
will use it. So one question you need to ask yourself is am I willing to
carry this item all day, every day for the few minutes I will use it
every day or two?

On my too quickly aborted through hike attempt, I carried a base of 16
pounds, including a pound or two of small items I didn't think I could
hike without, but never used in the two weeks I was on the trail.