[pct-l] Stagecoach RV - 4 miles south of Scissors Crossing

Paint YW paintyourwagonhikes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 22:31:38 CDT 2015

This place is a great bang for your buck. $8 to camp. $5 day use... showers
included. Washer $1.75, dryer $1.25. Store remodeled with deli and ice
cream bar. Store stocked with approx. 200 food items, dozens of cold
drinks, some fresh vegetables and some frozen foods. Not much in
traditional hiker food, but great heavy/canned pit stop food. Power for
charging electronics. Many cabin choices and a swimming pool. No alcohol
sold on premise. A country swing boogie woogie band is tearing it up
tonight. Liquor wagon serving adult beverages. I believe riding org. is
responsible for band and bar. All campers invited to enjoy music and throw
one down. Yeehaw! Hours 9-5 everyday. Lots of equestrians. Hikers advised
to behave and keep it all on the down low so as not to earn the ire of
management... and that's from ol' PYW himself. My 3rd consecutive year
stopping by. Note: arrived without cashola. No program yet to tender cash
back for laundry, but they are contemplating doing so. Bring dough for
laundry. Store staff person gifted me $3.00 for laundry. Free WiFi. Showers
hot enough to melt your skin. Hiker satisfaction scale... a solid 8.
What's in your wallet?
PaintYW.