[pct-l] Solar Chargers

Kelly Baraga kellyhikes2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 18:24:15 CDT 2015

Hi Fellow Hikers

I am wondering what type of solar power devices offer the best options for
charging an I-phone for five months? I plan to use my phone for half mile
maps, picture taking and the occasional read & possible blogging. I
purchased the goalzero from REI and am not too excited about this device as
I find it takes long to charge. I'm wondering if that is typical of all
solar charging devices? Is there something out there that is light, durable
and has been tested by fellow thru-hikers. Any thoughts?

Kelly B, aka Jinx