[pct-l] Father and Son at the Trailtown Saloon

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Mar 26 09:52:40 CDT 2015

One day PCT Grizzly andhis wife, TrailDust, were down at the local trailtown saloon.  While visiting their friends the subject cameup about the upcoming June Father’s Day. Many stories were fondly remembered and told.  Finally, it was Grizzly’s turn to tell astory.

“Well, I remember whenBear Paw, my son, and I went off to the saloon for our first drink. This is avery special moment for a father.  I got ustwo Bud Lights.  But he did not like ittoo much, so I finished them.”

“Then I got us two SamuelAdams.  He seemed to like it a littlebetter, but really no excitement. And I had to finish them too.”

“Then I thought maybe hewill like some imported beers.  I orderedtwo GUINNESS The 1759.  This is a rare, limited edition, small batchamber ale - one sip and you will discover its rich taste with distinctive notesof caramel and warming butterscotch.   Buteven this did not interest him, so I finished both expensive bottles.”

“Finally, I decided maybe I needed to get him a real man’s drink. I ordered some shots of Old Number 7, Jack Daniels.  This really perked him up, but I could tellhe did not really take to it.  So, Ifinished them off too.”

“By the time I realizedhe just didn't like to drink, I was so plowed I had to call TrailDust to comeand get us.  I was barely able to pushhis stroller to the curb outside to wait for her.  It was the last time she let me babysithim.”