[pct-l] Please, people. Don't do this (Brick Robbins)

Frederick Baier frederickbaier at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 17:06:55 CDT 2015

Aloha Everyone,
I don't feel bad when I tell people I normally carry 9 or 10 liters when hiking the lower sections of the PCT--admittedly, it's heavy, but I don't have issues making it safely from one assured water spot to the next. Most people I meet react with some surprise when I tell them that, but I've never run dry even when the "expected" water sources aren't there. I saw folks a week or so back in Section C that are going to be struggling, potentially dangerously, if they don't keep a close eye on the water report and/or change their water strategy in Section D, E, and F.
Aloha, Fritz