[pct-l] Murphy's Law

Mark Fitzsimmons mark at treecycler.org
Wed May 6 20:25:52 CDT 2015

What Murphy originally said is some matter of dispute, but it is generally accepted that he invoked the inevitability of human error in installation or planning. This human fallibility aspect of Murphy's Law is unfortunately missing in popular culture. In aerospace design we attempt to use a philosophy of "won't fail" by making parts that cannot be installed backwards or any other incorrect way, as a direct result of this paradigm. It's hard to make hiking a "won't fail" process, and I don't think I would like it if it were easy. Please let us know if this horse lady gets in trouble.