[pct-l] PCT past

Jeffrey Olson philos56 at live.com
Thu May 7 21:21:54 CDT 2015

I'm going to be a bit provocative here and offer an opinion.  I'm
presenting it as a declarative statement.  I don't think it's "T"rue.  I
do think it's accurate.

Anyone who depends on the actions of others to successfully hike the
trail is an idiot...

For example, if you have a 30 mile section with no documented water
sources and you don't carry enough water to walk 30 miles because you
expect someone to maintain a stash at mile 15, you're an idiot.

If you think you can eat pop tarts and snickers bars for 2600 miles and
complete the trail, you're an idiot.

Apologies to Jeff Foxworthy...

Jeffrey Olson
Arcata CA, moving to Laramie, WY