[pct-l] Water and snow status Northern CA from Sierra city to Johnsville Mc Rea rd (1228)

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Fri May 8 12:01:31 CDT 2015

As I look out my office window from Reno, I don't see any snow on the east
side of the sierra crest north of Donner, however that is not where the
residual snow would be, anyway; it would be in the trees on the north sides
of mountains and ridges.

Has anyone been up there recently? I've been in the southern sierra up to
Cottonwood Pass, so I can't speak to Moshe's concerns....

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education, Inc.
www.mountaineducation.org
ned at mountaineducation.org

Mission:
"To minimize wilderness accidents, injury, and illness in order to maximize
wilderness enjoyment, safety, and personal growth, all through experiential
education and risk awareness training."