[pct-l] Getting from the Trail South of the Sierras

imscotty at aol.com imscotty at aol.com
Fri May 22 12:35:02 CDT 2015

Hello Everyone,

I have a SOBO JMT thru hike planned for this August.  I hope that this will also be the start of a section hike of the PCT.  My current plan is to exit from Cottonwood Pass Campground since it looks to be an easy hitch into Lone Pine where I can get public transpiration to Reno to fly home.

However, it looks like I have time to continue another week of hiking SOBO.  I would love to be able to cover the section to Kennedy Meadows, and Walker Pass, or there about.   My problem, I cannot figure out a quick, reliable way to get back to a major airport in this area.  Can anyone recommend a PCT exit point south of Lone Pine where I could reliably get to a major airport?

Thanks in advance.