[pct-l] Tent Selection 2p or solo - Help

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun May 24 20:51:00 CDT 2015

Yes Yoshi,
When I hike with my wife I also use a big spacious tent.
You and I are "HEAVY TRUCKERS", treat our women right and don't mind
the extra weight to keep our women happy and comfortable.
When I go solo, on my speed hikes, I go UL to the extreme and deprive
myself of all creature comforts...but my wife likes creature comforts, and
like I said, I treat my women right and keep Karen's pack light....that
is why
she enjoys hiking with me.
Most of my buddies don't understand why their wives or girl friends don't
hike with them....they strap their women down like mules and then they
wonder why their women don't like to hike with them.

JMT Reinhold
Your trail companion who treats his women right.

On 5/23/2015 4:03 PM, Yoshihiro Murakami wrote:
> Dear Reinhold
>
> I am sorry, I do not read this list frequently as before. When I hike
> with my wife, I use Hileberg Anjan 3, ( three person tent, net weight
> 1.88 kg. ) because it is a very comfortable tent, no condensation,
> lots of space, very strong, and expensive tent. I used this in the
> Winds.  I know Americans do not like heavy tent. But I highly
> recommend this for 2 person.
>
> English and Japanese:
>> https://sites.google.com/site/completewalkerequipment/home/3-shelter/anjan-3

---