[pct-l] Getting from the Trail South of the Sierras

Rick Parker rickrparker at icloud.com
Tue May 26 14:12:09 CDT 2015

This might work.  Likely expensive but so is time trying to get back to Reno otherwise I suppose.  Map shows lots of exit opportunities of the trail.  Indian Wells Cyn Road at 658 +/- or 661, Hitch Hwy 178 at 652 to Inyokern maybe.  I used to fly (general aviation) up and down the Owens Valley often.  On a nice early day, you can go right over the PCT in the right airplane.

Think of the scenic ride back to Reno over the Sierra.  Smoother air in the morning.  Small hotel in town for rest and shower.  Airport manager will provide ground transportation if you ask.

http://renoflyingservice.com/CharterService.shtml <http://renoflyingservice.com/CharterService.shtml>

Good Luck.