[pct-l] Eating while backpacking...

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Tue Nov 3 20:03:08 CST 2015

Peanut butter w/ honey on a bagel / tortilla / pita/ English muffin.
Pack of tuna or salmon w/ small packs of mayo and relish.
Black bean or refried bean mix w/ f-d cheese, olive oil, and chopped, shelf-stable bacon [this reconstitutes well w/ cold water while you hike].
Freeze-dried fruits (also great for snacking while walking).
Pepperoni; baby bel cheese on a bagel w/ small pack of mustard.

Or mix things up. As Dicentra used to say (inaccurately), "There are no rules". Actually, there is one rule. you can't put sugar on grits.

Mango