[pct-l] Eating while backpacking...

isabella at bendnet.com isabella at bendnet.com
Wed Nov 4 13:16:46 CST 2015

I love all the ideas I'm getting here. Thanks!

I learned a big lesson this summer that might apply to someone else.  "BARS" are very high glycemic.  I would have an instant high  (in past years) and then bonk hard.  I "offed' the bars this year for tortillas, cheese, sausage, instant beans, more nuts and dried fruits, NO MORE BONKING and I could go longer between food and still feel good.  And I wasn't quite so ravenous when I got to town.

When I talked to others, I heard a number of other hikers who have similar experiences with bars at different levels of high/bonking but could totally related to what I was describing.  It depends on how sugar sensitive you are.

 Mademoiselle