[pct-l] Eating while backpacking...

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 14:42:50 CST 2015

To Denis
American Colloquial English 101-- "Bonking"

In the USA we use the term "bonking" to describe the condition of
experiencing such a low blood sugar during a sporting activity to the point
where we can barely move from no energy rather than muscle fatigue.
Bonking usually is used with cycling or hiking as we can engage in these
activities for long periods of time before our muscles actually fatigue.
It does not mean "sex" here in the USA.  I have heard the term, boinking,
used for sex but not "bonking".  I know these 2 words are very similar but
one will get your face slapped and the other one might get you food to help
you keep going.  However, if you have one of those cute British accents,
don't worry, most of us Americans find it adorable.

Diet Plan