[pct-l] Cheap down jackets

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Thu Nov 12 10:09:13 CST 2015

I agree that after many miles of trail, I've managed to keep my down items dry and have never had a problem.

As for synthetics being a more animal friendly/environmentally friendly option, that may or may not be true.  Synthetic insulations are made from petroleum and chemicals, which are non-renewable/non-sustainable and I'm sure have an effect on aquatic and terrestrial life in the process.
For me, the best option is to choose what works the best for me and find quality products that last, so that I can keep my consumption of those items to a minimum.