[pct-l] Self-Support or Not?

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Tue Nov 17 13:09:57 CST 2015

On 11/17/2015 11:15 AM, lorna at ptera.net wrote:
> And, as everyone knows, you should NEVER count on water caches, or
> any other trail magic, so it's not pre-planned support!

Usually those who claim a self supported FKT don't take rides into town
for resupplies. They will only resupply where they can walk to town. I
believe that is what Anish did. That being the case, I would assume they
didn't take water from caches either. I know Scott Williamson won't take
water from caches.

But there is a reason why we call them FKTs and not records. There isn't
any way to precisely compare hikes, including level of support used.