[pct-l] 2016--Section hiking dates for Northern Ca and northern WA

River Malcolm rivermary at centurylink.net
Thu Oct 8 11:35:49 CDT 2015

Dear Trail Friends and Angels,

I hope to finish my multi-year “thru” hike (begun in 2013) next year, and would appreciate your best guesses, as experienced hikers, about when I would be (most likely) able to begin my two skipped sections

(1)  N. CA — Bucks Lake Crossing (near Quincy) to Burney Falls
(2)  N WA – Stevens Pass to Canada

I would be interested in your best guess for a “normal” year, as well as a low snow year (as to the earliest dates I could start each of these two sections).

This is a good time to say thank you — this list has been enormously helpful to me and led me to practically all the other resources that instructed, encouraged, and generously helped me to make my hike possible. I would not have believed I could hike 2000+ miles (I am 67, never an athlete, and never backpacked a day in my life before starting at Campo two years ago) — and I could not have done so without so much loving support from the hiker community. We may be an imperfect community (hey, we are human beings), but we have really taught me how much genuine goodness and caring exists inside each of us, which can blossom and grow when we have a little (or a lot of) beauty and breathing room around us. Wish all humans could live as we live on the trail…

Warm gratitude,
River